Heating cable for accumulation heating
Accumulating heat energy in the floor has several advantages, among which the most important are the uniform heating of the house (the temperature of the floor changes very slowly) and the use of cheaper energy in the night tariff or from the energy produced with photovoltaic panels during the day.
In our store there are two dedicated models of heating cables for storage heating designed for installation in concrete screed, screed and foundation slabs. They differ mainly in heating power of 10 or 20 W/m2. They have a very high mechanical strength > 1500 N.
Mounting the heating cable
Mounting the cable with electric storage heating is done:
- With nylon ties to the unfolded rebar nets. Overlapping rebar nets of 1 x 2 m with 2 mm wire are laid on the floor, which are then connected together to form a single unit in each room.
- With the help of nylon ties to the rebar in the foundation slab
Heating cable to concrete screed
Heating cables can be poured into concrete screed, we recommend a thickness of 30 - 70 mm. Its large volume allows it to accumulate heat and slowly release it into the air. Electric storage heating is based on this principle. Such a solution has a lot of advantages:
- Very even heat transfer to the room, since every part of the screed has the same temperature.
- Possibility of using energy from the cheaper night tariff.
- The screed can accumulate a lot of heat at night, which will then be released throughout the day when the underfloor heating is turned off.
- Because of the high thermal inertia of the concrete screed, the control of underfloor storage heating is much easier.
Because of the possibilities, this solution is mainly used in newly built houses. Especially well this system works well in passive buildings.
Heat screed heating cable
The thickness of the concrete screed is from 5 to 7 cm. The heating cables are attached or reinforcement nets - which are then poured into the concrete. In the middle of the screed, a protective tube is also poured between the heating cables, into which a temperature sensor measuring the temperature in the floor is inserted. Electric storage heating in the screed is most easily done during the construction of a new house.
Floor slab heating cable
In the case of footings and foundation walls, underfloor heating can only be poured in the floor screed. However, the situation is different when the house stands on a foundation slab. It is also a good way to insulate passive buildings from the ground. Electric foundation slab storage heating is gaining popularity especially in modern passive buildings.
Save with storage heating
Electric floor heating has many advantages. It is also one of the cheapest ways to heat a building. However, many people are still concerned about high electricity bills. Electric storage heating in the screed or in the floor slab allows even greater savings in this regard. Heating cables for installation in the floor come out much cheaper than building an entire boiler room with its components. In practice, this is an excellent way to heat a house cheaply, both in old buildings and newly built passive buildings.